Monday, September 10, 2012

Skol Vikes!


This weekend was a good one even though we got some mixed news on mom's progress. It gave us time to talk about what to do going forward and spend some quality time together. I started giving mom her lovenox blood thinner shot which is going ok. She stayed with me for the entire weekend and I was able to keep a very close eye on her. My dogs also enjoyed her company and my german shepherd even stayed with her and she took naps throughout the days. He made sure she was all settled in before laying down to rest on the floor besides her. He's been a great protector of her.


I also took the opportunity to get as much food into her as possible in gearing up for the next round of chemo. I gave her toast, some fresh peach and chamomile tea with almond milk in the morning; organic fruit salad and a chicken wing for lunch; and leftover mostaccioli with beef meatballs for dinner. It was small amounts, but I was happy she was eating. I'll take anything I can get. I apologize for not returning many calls or emails; I just needed time to think about things and really focus on mom.

Yesterday, we watched opening day of Vikings regular season football. It was great. We cuddled up under the blankets with the doggies. It brought back lots of memories watching games with her. I remember years ago teaching her how scoring worked after Rajen taught me. Ever since then, she's been a die hard fan like me. We cheered, yelled and enjoyed one heck of a football game. Go Vikes!



2 comments:

  1. That is so great that your mom is eating. You are such a fantastic daughter to be taking such great care of her. Your doggies must be such a comfort to her. Pets are such wonderful therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food sounds lovely...made me hungry. Looks like your mom had some great company!

    ReplyDelete