Friday, October 12, 2012

Chemo Round 6 - Session 2

Yesterday mom had her second session of round six of chemo (4th round of the new chemo). Next week is her break week and we will also do a CT scan to see the status of the cancer.

I've been consumed with CMET research. I eat, drink and sleep it. Yes, I even dream about it. I've been reading through the handful of clinical trials and learning the different types of CMET inhibitors (the drugs being created to attack the cmet protein). I showed mom one of the trials to have her read through and she spent a minute looking at it and responded, "This is boring...and complicated. How do you understand this stuff". Her response made me chuckle cause I actually find this stuff very interesting.

I feel like I have a firm grasp on everything I've researched thus far but it concerns me that mom will not be up for travel and expenses might become an issue too. The closest trial to us is in Michigan and it will involve weekly visits to that facility for the first 6 weeks or so. Then after that, you visit once a month. Right now, I have no idea of how I am going to do this. What I do know, is that I will need help. My mom's life is at stake and I must find a way to make this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment